Kristi
Kristi
  • New Orleans, LA

What would be a good thick fabic i can rip up and use for cleaning?

PaulaJeanNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+6

starting a cleaning bussiness. i want to buy a yard of a good type of fabic i can make cloths out of and use ??

• Dee Gonyea

Cotton. cotton jersey if you want something with stretch to it. It may fray some, so rip to size then wash it so you don't leave fuzzies behind.
  • Dysko7710

Microfiber is a popular choice for cleaning clothes and cleans up easily.
  • Barbara Baldwin

T shirts
  • Landsharkinnc

Terry Cloth --- like bathtowels --- get white -- so you can bleach the heck out of them...
  • Beth Hubley

I agree with both previous posts. I will just add that thrift stores are a great place to buy old Tahirts and towels!
  • Sam

I'm a fan of terrycloth. It's very absorbent.
  • Anything 100% cotton. A good t-shirt material will work. I would also get microfiber too. Both have their uses.
  • Jean

cotton toweling, old t-shirts, and worn flannel from PJ's or sheets are my favorite - and the larger thrift stores are great sources, there's no need to buy fabric new, unless you want them to be really fancy.
  • Paula

Old towels work very well. Cut them into squares and stitch together on one side, Don Aslet style. Thick enough to grasp and fold, 4 surfaces to turn to. Heavy enough to last and heavy duty to do most jobs.