Sharon
Sharon
  • Gallatin, TN

Ideas for this cabinet?

Kimberly.keetonMarie LoveB. Enne
+14

I really love it but it looks like it needs legs or some sort of base (?).
q ideas for this cabinet
  • Beth Hubley

What a great piece. Lowes has some great wooden legs that may work. I've attached a pic below. Match the stain color of cabinet as closely as possible and screw them into the bottom! If you can't match it exactly try a shade darker to ground the piece.
  • Nice piece! I agree, needs some chunky legs. Do the rounds of your home improvement and hardware stores. I would also Google and then find local retailers. Have fun!
  • Cindy

Hi Sharon, Cool cabinet. It reminds me of one my sister had some years back. She painted the entire cabinet black. Then she glued lace on all of the inside surfaces. She put black and white pictures in assorted frames that she also painted black. She attached the cabinet to the wall and displayed it with the doors open. It was very pretty.
  • Clök Concept

I would also add some light inside! :)
  • B. Enne

It has a kind of Asian or Indonesian vibe. I'm thinking square heavy legs in aged brass (or spray painted to look like aged brass) to match the hardware.
  • Marie Love

I would use a low slung shelf- like cabinet to sit it on, or use the white one next to it,but turned on its side.
  • Kimberly.keeton

It looks to me like it should be sitting on top of a larger chest? Do you have an old dresser you could set it on top of?