Asked on Oct 13, 2017

How can you fill a gap between a sink top and the cabinet next to it



5 answers
  • Robyn Garner
    on Oct 13, 2017

    What is the cabinet made of? There are strips of wood called "filler strips" for various cabinet finishes. Otherwise, get a piece of 1" x and cut it to size so you can glue it to the cabinet side.
  • Jean~ wvpoemlady
    on Oct 13, 2017

    This isn't the right answer but what I did (and it doesn't look bad) I bought a small roll of the peel & stick caulking, and folded it on the crease... then I put it behind the sink. Just an idea...
  • Jean
    on Oct 13, 2017

    they make silicone caulking especially for around sinks and tubs, it can fill a 1/4" gap...anything bigger, you have to put something 'in' the hole, and then caulk over it.
  • Nita
    on Oct 13, 2017

    Silicon caulk
  • Amanda
    on Oct 13, 2017

    Hi Fran. If the gap is bigger you can cut a piece of wood to use to fill it. You can even paint it or stain it to make it match the cabinet.
Your comment...