Barbara Gallyot
Barbara Gallyot
  • Elmhurst, IL

Is there a LESS tediuos way of cleaning a grill pan.....

Janet PizaroPyd29312582Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+3

The grooves get clogged w burned stuff and it sticks, in spit of using no stick spray.

• Robyn Garner

My Dad removes his, places on newspaper outdoors and sprays w/ oven cleaner.
  • Elc28528706

put in a large plastic bag . pour a bottle of ammonia over it seal.overnite wash
  • Nancy Turner

Mine is a non stick type. HAH! We use it mostly for brats, Italian sausage and hamburgers, but some times for steak. I never use pam type sprays on it, anywhere the food isn't it forms a sticky goop that never comes off. It is bad enough the stuff left on there from cooking in it. I used to put a hot soapy dishcloth on mine after doing an initial short scrub and let it sit for a while, it helped some. Otherwise I just scrub a it a bit and let it soak for a few with hot soapy water before I try more scrubbing. Tedious, but I eventually win the fight. I try to pawn it off on hubby if I can. I use the I did almost all the dishes, could you finish so I can start cooking? Good luck, you can get it clean! Hate them, but works best for some foods!
  • Pyd29312582

I have read that you can put them into a bag with a pan of ammonia overnight - the fumes dissolve grease.

What is the finish on the pan,as using chemicals as ammonia make ruin the finish totally