Carolina
Carolina
  • Houston, TX

Decorated Fabric Chair

$5

I gave this chair a makeover using fabric markers, it was easy and fun to do! Check out how I did it below:
decorated fabric chair
This was the chair before. This chair even though we have had for more than 20 years, it's in perfect shape. All it needed was a little cleaning before I got to work, which I did using Resolve.
decorated fabric chair
I then proceeded to use a fabric marker to draw the lines. What made it easier in this particular case, was that the fabric already had a pattern which helped me follow the lines. It was fun to do!
decorated fabric chair
I made a different design when I flipped the cushion just for the fun of it. So now it has a reversible cushion.
decorated fabric chair
But I like it simpler so I flipped it back and added a hand-painted pillow.
decorated fabric chair
And I drew more designs in a plain pillow I had in my bedroom. I can choose to use either pillow. These markers are so much fun and easy to use!!!

I hope you like my idea and give it a try yourself!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

• Org22529278

hoe did you change full color & add buttons??

• Carolina

I did not change the color or add buttons. I only drew lines, dots and designs with a fabric marker.

• Org22529278

is there a easy wash to change color whole chair?

• Mary Pease

Google painting your furniture. I have painted the fabric with excellant results. Look at several dyi..irs awesome.

• Lee12281391

What if u wanted to cover the whole chair in a solid color

• Shirley
      43 minutes ago

I tried this years ago w/ fabric paint. The chair turned to cactus. Don't do it. My husband still mentions that recliner I ruined...