David
David
  • Forney, TX

Is there any special skills needed to replace door jam?

Linda WebbCindyIdeas4U
+4

• No, just a will to learn, and a bunch of patience. Have you Googled yet or watched any utube videos?
  • Sharon

It takes some skill to rehang a door in a jam, that is why they sell the jams with the doors installed already, its easier. There are lots of videos on YouTube, since you didn't state if its an interior or exterior door or what the problem is.... I'm giving you general link.... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+replace+a+door+jamb
  • Ideas4U

wd40( it’s a slick oil spray) shaving your door down to fit in conjunction with the hardware.
  • Cindy

There are really no special skills needed to install a door jamb. Your level will be your new best friend. Don't forget to purchase some shims when you purchase your lumber. Wishing you well.
  • Linda Webb

Best done by a good handyman or with the guidance of a framing carpenter. If the door is in a weight-bearing wall, it's definitely a job for a pro!
  • Linda Webb

so sorry--I get my words mixed up sometimes and was thinking of the door frame. The jamb will need some tweaking with shims and 2" screws, so go to a website or read a DIY book on the topic.

• David

Thank you. I have the material, but didn't think about shims. I will check out DIY site.