Linda Hopper
Linda Hopper
  • Big Spring, TX

Signs of Spring

I just wanted to share a picture of my Apricot blooms. The bees are very busy today...they don't know we are expecting another cold front in a few days. I hope this cold front will be milder than the ones we have been having. Tired of Winter!
signs of spring, gardening

An apricot tree in your yard: how lucky are you!

• Linda Hopper

@Douglas Hunt This apricot tree was a gift from God. It was a volunteer in one of my flowerbeds a few years back. It had an awesome crop two years ago. A late freeze got the apricots last year.

• Jeanette S

I saw my first blooming three yesterday! It was white but not a dogwood and I do not think it was a Bradford pear because it did not have that shape. But whatever it was, it made my heart sing! So anxious to tell this winter to go away. My sister always had a perfect (big) garden and her theory was, "don't plant a thing until you can sit down on the ground and your butt does not get cold"! Sounds like a plan to me! HA! Can't argue with success!

• Linda Hopper

@Jeanette S I like your sister's saying...LOL It's suppose to be in the mid 70's here today and 59 tomorrow. The weather has been crazy! Mid 30's tonight with possible blowing dust! Good ole West Texas! I hate the blowing dust as much as I do Winter!