Marija
Marija
  • Serbia

What to do with my banana plant?

Johnavallance82Elp13729483Cm326640860
+7

I live in a continental climate, with very cold winters. A couple of months ago I received a wonderful present, a banana plant. It's been growing really well, but now the winter is approaching, and I wonder what to do with it. What is the best place ti keep it, so that it would make it through the winter?

re-pot in the next size container,spray the leaves with horticultural oil,bring inside in and keep in indirect lighting
  • Cm326640860

after the plant leaves turn brown cut the stalk about 3 foot above the root, dig it up then wrap the roots in newspaper and store in a cool dry place . i stored mine under crawlspace by the next spring it was sprouting and ready to replant......
  • Johnavallance82

Bring inside or fleece and put in out house
  • Elp13729483

A friend of ours dug a shallow hole ,the length of the plant , turned the plant on it's side and placed it in the ground and covered it with soil . In spring he would take the tree out of the soil and stand it upright. This was in Maryland where the winters were quite cold !

• Johnavallance82

My pleasure..........