Is there anything I can do now to stop the weeds next year?

Roxaneg2dogal

I live in Ohio. I been gardening in the same stop for years, you would think by now I would have them all pulled. But each year it I thing I get more than last year,

• 2dogal

Weeds need to be pulled before they sprout seeds. The roots also need to be dug out as some weeds grow from seeds, others grow from roots.
    Put a minimum of 3 inches of mulch all over the garden. That really helps keep the weeds in check. Good luck.
  • Roxaneg

Birds and squirrels and other critters also add to spreading the seeds, so even when you think you've got everything, something will appear. People affected by the hurricanes are finding that odd weeds are cropping up that they've never seen before because the wind has brought them some presents.

Mulch as Sal85902 suggested. You can also use Preen in the spring to discourage weeds in the garden beds. For your lawn, you can fertilize this fall so that the grass can fill in the areas that weeds like to take over.