Ideas for cheap curtains?

Lucy Marie BernierJules1960Sandra leach
+4

• Artemis

Several folks right here on Hometalk, including myself, have used drop cloths (look around because prices vary). Part of it depends on how much material you need and sheets are also a good option. You can get sheets pretty cheap from thrift stores or even Wal-Mart. Of course, you may also be able to find actual curtains at thrift stores.
  • Johnavallance82

Charity or Thrift Shop
  • Barb

Try thrift stores,eBay, ollies, big lots and offer up.
  • Sandra leach

Use bed Sheets and use brass rings to clip onto the hem! cost is minimal. I've made many curtains using this methods . Also can use bath & beach towels , works great . The clips can be purchased @ a fabric store in the notion section.. no sewing...
  • Jules1960

For a valance curtain, I used a pillow case I had on hand. I split the side seam, had the bottom edge was already hemmed. The unfinished side seam I just stapled over for the curtain rod. For larger windows, I have used flat sheets. Just fold over the top and pin. I have also used fabric shower curtains. I hawve gone to Savers and Goodwill to find them.
  • Lucy Marie Bernier

If you have a Dollar General in your area. That's where I get my curtains.