Kathy
Kathy
  • Eau Claire, WI

How to clean old aluminum kitchen items ?

Karen ProctorMary DorseyKaren Tokarse
+2

I have inherited some old Nordic Ware that I'd like to clean up and use again. Any kind of soak or cleanser to try?

• Far29709759

I would try some vinegar either straight or cut with some water.
  • Karen Tokarse

Aluminum is dangerous (Alzheimer's). Please do some research.
  • Mary Dorsey

The thing I have discovered that works best is to mix a bowl of warm water with about a teaspoon of dawn dish soap and 1/4 cup of baking soda. Clean the aluminum items with the mixture and a rag. Then use a clean wet rag, that you didn't use with the mixture, to wipe it throughly. Let air dry, don't try to dry it. *Wala* it will be so clean and streak free along with that luster shine it once had. Good luck!

Tip, it works great on stainless steel as well. That's the only way I clean mine and never have streaks nor finger prints!!
  • Karen Proctor

I got rid of my aluminum cookware. It is advised not to use it. Buy a nice quality stainless steel 18/10 set. Much healthier. If this NordiWare is fun looking maybe use it to decorate or melt candlewax, crayons for crafts.