B.J. B
B.J. B
  • Lexington, MI

Super Duper Easy Way to Clean Silver

I've seen this tip on Pinterest for a long time but have just recently tried it and I couldn't believe the results! It's so easy. Place a sheet of tin foil on the bottom of your sink and fill with hot water to cover your silver pieces. Add 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of baking soda and mix it in. My silver was clean in 5 minutes! I rinsed the silver pieces in hot water and shined them with a soft cloth. Amazing. If you do a lot of silver you will have to replace tin foil and solution. The directions stressed that it only cleans and doesn't polish the silver but mine came out sparkling. I only did this on silver plate, I'm not sure about using it on good silver.
I did all 3 of these pieces. I didn't think to take a before picture but the silver was really tarnished.

• Elisa

If my sink is steinless steel, will this mix can affect it?