Sue
Sue

How to remove burnt food from stainless steel soup pot

LolaWee12497073Betsy
+5

• 27524803

The best way I know is to fill the pot with about 2 inches of water and add about 1/2 box of baking soda...set stove on low and let the pot simmer (a light boil) for at least an hour...stir occasionally and try an loosen the burnt stuff keep simmering until all the stuff is loose (I pour out the water thru a colander so the burnt mess does not go down the sink)
    Just a Note: if the pan itself is burnt... it will always burn food and you may need to replace it
  • Colleen

first boil water in your pot for about 5 min use a magic eraser or nylon mesh scrubber to scrub out as much as you can repeat. Cover with bleach or Clorox bleach gel cleaner, let stand over night and scrub. repeat until the pot is clean. Do not use steel wool or it will scratch your pot.
  • Wee12497073

I think I just read somewhere to scrub with a fabric softener sheet and water.
    Google uses for fabric softener sheets because it did an amazing job with very little effort.

My go to for burnt on anything is to make a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar. Not the stuff you put on fish, but the powdered kind that you cook with. Make a paste, put it on the burned stuff, let it sit for a minute or so, depending on how thick the gunk is, then scrape off with a plastic fork, spoon, your fingernail, whatever won't scratch your stock pot. You may have to do it twice if it's really gunky.
  • Wee12497073

Add a few inches of water… Dawn ADIS has Soap … and a dryer sheet. Let sit for One hour and rinse it clean. No scrubbing required.
  • Lola

I add water to the pot, and let it simmer for a while, this softens the burned food. After pot cools down, I wash it normally. It should all come out.