Dlbboop
Dlbboop
  • San Bernardino, CA

Where and how much paint do I use for this project?

Cori WidenSharonKor24924493
+2

• Lois Vrns

don't ya hate when you accidentally hit the wrong button on your keyboard and you have to start over??? Could add your picture and questions to the original post
  • Dfm

ok.....what project? As far as how much paint I'm horrible at math...but you need to calculate the total area to be painted. I think it's ht X width...the dude or dudette at the paint counter would know how much paint it would take for x area. Don't go cheep on the paint...you want it to cover in 1or2 coats not 5.
  • Kor24924493

25,000 gallons. As far as where--its up to you.
  • Sharon

Also depends on surface, if its old wall board/wood or your going from darker to light your going to have to prime it first, to get good coverage.
    Here is a paint calculator.... https://www.glidden.com/how-much-paint-do-i-need
    Don't get super cheap paint, cause you will wind up using 2 to 3 times as much to get coverage and depth of color desired. I recently did a job for a client who got $14 gal paint in pale blue over white, OMG took 3 coats, argggh, and had to go back to store to get more
  • Cori Widen

Would love to see a photo so that we can help!