I have a problem with Bamboo

Joan KenneyRob5918318Kor24924493
+7

I cut it down and tilled over the roots, pulled some and sprayed weed killer on area, but 4 mos. later I have some Bamboo coming back .

• Ed Cannon

Bamboo is very aggressive and very difficult to get rid of. That is why it should be contained to a small and certain area. The only way I have got rid of it is dig it up and put that on a tarp or something that allows you to carefully go through each shovel full and remove all evidences of the root from the remaining dirt. Burning it in the ground does not work, weed killer does not work, a bulldozer does not work if you don't remove all the roots. Sorry but there is no easy way to get rid of it, unless you have a small area of bamboo.
  • Brian

Bamboo is a grass and spreads through the rhizomes (roots) breaking up the roots will only spread the plant the best is to cut it down then use a undiluted product like round up , it will take a several applications , don't give up

What you might try is a ground clear product that kills everything, probably even rocks! Get a small foam brush and paint the undersides of the plant with the ground clear. The plant should take the poison down to the roots and then kill the whole plant. You may have to do this a few times to get everything.

• As long as there are live roots in the ground you will get bamboo popping up. You need to dig it all out or kill it. If nothing is in the area at the moment, drown in vinegar. Repeatedly.
  • Ruth Humphries

Share the root so others can feel your pain😬
  • Cheryl A

have you tried weed kill or round up?
  • Kor24924493

You are lucky. I wish I had bamboo growing in my yard. It is a good project material and people would but it.
  • Rob5918318

both

• Joan Kenney

Don't till! You cut up remaining roots and spread them around, then they sprout. Spray, Pull, Cut and/or Mow every time you see unwanted growth until you exhaust the energy supply of the roots.