Diane
Diane
  • Scranton, PA

Ideas on painting paneling!

Lathie McKinneyMary Johnson-GoeldnerChris Gaines
+1

My basement walls are all panneling - I am looking for some creative way to update the look without taking it all down & replacing it with sheer rock! Any suggestions?

• Janet Panos

Hello Diane! Here are some Hometalk ideas on painting your paneling.

• Chris Gaines

You can get the beachy look of ocean bleached walls by using a thick roller and medium base (untinted) paint Do not use deep base - it has virtually no pigment. Want lighter, go with the light base which has a lot of pigment. Dry brush over it as you go ...

• Mary Johnson-Goeldner

I have filled some of the gaps in the paneling so that when you paint it the whole wall looks different. You could do each one or random fill to create a new look. You can also wallpaper over some and fill all the gaps. It can look just like gyprock you fill well. Sorry no photos as it was in another house. Hope this helps. Mary

• Lathie McKinney

Many paints have primer in them. So just find your favorite color and paint them.