Katie Belmont
Katie Belmont
  • Merchantville, NJ

I want to refinish my hardwood floors by myself.

GinnyBar10780531Jeanne Johnson Ortego
+3

• Nan30943132

I’ve been refinishing floors about 25 years. Own my company about 16years. Advise: if you want to do it because you want to feel good, is ok do it. But if it is to save money, sometimes is cheaper and the quality of work may not be between a homeowners and a p
  • Nan30943132

professional not mentioning the back breaking and the tool rental.

Research Rejuvenate for hard wood floors
  • Jeanne Johnson Ortego

I did mine on my hands and knees with a 4" brush 25 years ago. Backbreaking is not an exaggeration! However, now there are much better options available. The steps will depend on the type of prior finish. Many old floors are just waxed. You need to determine what you're working on. I suggest finding out, taking plenty of pictures, using an unobtrusive test spot, and then going to a home improvement store or good paint store and asking about methods and products. Good luck!

• Bar10780531

There are several YouTube presentations and also websites on the Internet with detailed instructions.
  • Ginny

Be careful not only physically but inhaling fumes from the refinishing products. If you can scrape together the $ I would go with a good professional.