Michael
Michael
  • Revere, MA

Carpet Refresh Powder.

MichaelFlipturnDesertRose
+3

I’m looking for a DIY carpet powder that will leave a long, lingering , pleasant scent behind. I’m in between carpet cleaning and it’s already got a lot of high traffic scents. Any recipes?
Thank You,
Reveremike

• Johnavallance82

Shake and Vac
  • Bar10780531

Baking soda. Spray a light coating of vinegar. Dust carpet with baking soda. Allow to dry and vacuum well.

• Nancy Turner

My self, if the carpet is still clean, I would just spray it with the Febreeze scent of your choice and give it a good dose of it before you go to bed so that it will be dry to walk on in the morning.
  • DesertRose

Baking soda will absorb any oders. Sprinkle the carpet and leave it for a while with no traffic then vacuum. (couple hours). Add scents to your vacuum bag to freshen the room when you vacuum.
  • Flipturn

Agree with everyone who said baking soda. If you read the fine print on commercial "carpet cleaning" powders, most are just baking soda and fragrance .

If you like a particular fragrance, say for example vanilla, put a couple of drops of liquid vanilla extract into your vacuum cleaner bag before vacuuming.

• Michael

I do have something called “ pearls “ that I put in my vacuum, even though they do have an awesome scent while vacuuming, it just doesn’t last, or maybe I’m just used to it? Lol. Either way, I always use Baking Soda and I sometimes mix or grind some cloves and / or Basil leaves before I Sprinkle. I’m going to try something new and put the powder down in the early evening and let it sit till the next morning. Let’s see what trouble I get into Now!
    Thanks to EVERYONE for trying to help me out. I love this site and your all terrific!
    Much Peace and Love,
    Reveremike