How do you clean sweaty baseball caps?

SueCindyFlipturn
+7

• Ann Cherkas Halstead

we have a plastic form. Put the hat in it and throw it is the dishwasher
  • Linda Sikut

There are forms which you can buy that will help the cap keep it's shape. I've read that doing it in the dishwasher is the best way. Here's what I found on google using ' baseball cap shape holder '

I see that while I was typing, Ann mentioned washing it in the dishwasher. I think the reason is the ingredients in the dishwasher detergent are no longer allowed in detergent for washing clothes due to some kind of pollution. There was a compromise when it happened, if I remember correctly. The amount in dishwasher detergent was lowered but it came out of clothes washer detergent.

Good luck!
  • Rosemary Kelly

I've washed them in the washer and hang to dry. I know some people run them through the dishwasher.
  • Donna Stremke

In the dishwasher on the top rack

• Jean

My son has tons of hats, I be done both dish washer and washing machine. I had best results with oxyclean ( the original powder) in the washer machine. Definitely use cap shaper to air dry.
  • Bobbie

I spray with Spray and Wash then throw in washing machine, remove and either re-shape and hang outside to dry or use hat form to shape and dry,
  • Flipturn

If you don't have a plastic form and would like to clean them before you find one, then wash by hand with shampoo and a short bristle scrub brush.
    Shampoo is designed to take scalp sweat and oil out of hair. It also takes it out of fibres.
  • Cindy

I agree with Jean. I put them in the washing machine with Oxy and my regular laundry soap. Put them on a soft ball and dry outside.
  • Sue

Hydrogen peroxide works better than bleach on biological stains (blood, sweat, urine); so very warm or hot water, soap and peroxide.