How do you get and clean dog urine out of my carpet?

SueSharonMarla James
+4

We've shampooed and sprayed with numerous products but we can't get the smell out. Please help. It's frustrating when you can't even lay on the carpet without that nasty smell in your face 😔

• Louise Mowery
    Louise Mowery

I ordered some Odor-X and it works better than anything I ever used. A little pricie but well worth it. Buy directly from Odor-X mfg. co.
  • James Lee Morris
    James Lee Morris

You can try oder b gone concentrate. I got mine at Home Depot.
    But, worse case. You have to pull up carpet to where stain or smell is. cean the back of carpet with oder b gone let dry. Cut out padding where smell/stain is. Clean flooring with disinfectant or vinegar, let dry. replace padding. when carpet is dry and clean on back and front lay back down. You might have to rent a carpet kicker to get carpet back in. I usually don't have to, cuz the stains and smell are in corners.
  • Crazy old lady
    Crazy old lady

Absorb as much of urine as you can. Spray apple cider vinegar and let sit for 3 or 4 hours and shampoo. It has worked really well for me. Sounds odd, but works.
  • James Lee Morris
    James Lee Morris

PS replace with a new piece of padding. not the old cut out piece,
  • Marla James
    Marla James

Buy OdorXit and follow their instructions.
  • Sharon
    Sharon

You need to use a pet enzyme cleaner, and I use the tablets cause its stronger, fresher, and why pay for water..... get the black light flashlight too, cause you never know where its gonna turn up, and it floresces under black light.
    I put it in my carpet cleaner water reservoir, and then use it to wet the rug, and suck up the water, You don't want to get it too wet and then it goes into the pad and the underfloor, and then it comes back up. I put fans on the area to dry it.
    If its gone into the subfloor, I would tear the carpet up to treat underneath, and then have a carpet layer re-stretch and tack it back down once you sure the problem has been solved.
    I would keep the pet crated when not home or in the room. Let out every 2 hours and within 30 mins after feeding or drinking.
  • Sue
    Sue

Baking soda might help. Sprinkle it on; leave for a few hours or overnight. Then vacuum up. Might even have to brush it in when you put it down.