I gutted my master bathroom and need to update it. where do i start?

EllisSharonFL
+2

i need to hire people to design and do it. where do I start

• 27524803

Try Home Advisor or Angie's List the best way is to ask friends or family if they have had a renovation and if they are pleased with the job.
  • Lep12071128

I don"t know....but don't call my husband....I've been waiting 5 yrs. for my bathroom makeover....and have all the goods to fo it. LOL
  • FL

Do you need to design the room itself as to closets, windows and door layout ? Or someone to coordinate and decorate the entire room? Or both?
  • Sharon

I would hire a interior decorator first to make decisions as to what you like, want and the finishes. The decorator will have lots of contractors' shes worked with and recommends for each step. The decorator can also take you to the marts where decorators can get furnishing at professional discounts versus buying everything at retail.
    If this is out of your price range, you could contact a local art schools' interior design instructor to ask for a referral to some senior students you might use on your project as their final project at a much lower cost.
  • Ellis

Kind of have a general idea of the things you want included, so you are getting what YOU want. Designers sometimes run with their own ideas. Whoever you call, make sure they are licensed and their insurance(s) are up-to-date. Any reputable company will show you their insurance certificate. Check with your local licensing authority, and before you sign on the dotted line, call the contractor's insurance company to make sure their coverage is in force.