Celebration of Colours - Unicorn Spit

$10

I just watched the video clip to Queen's "I want to break free" I was inspired, I had some blank canvases (a small table) and Unicorn Spit.
I had 3 blank canvases, they were 8" x 10" were stretched and had a timber backing. I wanted a bright background on the canvases and chose Unicorn Spit's Lemon Kiss and phoenix fire.
I sprayed the canvas with water then squeezed from the bottle, mostly lemon kiss and a little phoenix fire.
I placed plastic over the canvas and blended the Unicorn Spit. I repeated this process with the other 2 canvases.
Once dry I placed the three canvases side by side.
For this project I used all 10 colours of Unicorn Spit and mixed some of my own. I cut up some straws and had mica powder to use as a finishing touch.
I went to work. For the long lines, I dipped a straw in the bottle of the Unicorn Spit colour I wanted. I vertically flicked the the long lines onto the canvas. I used the straws to draw unicorn spit and blew the unicorn spit out of the straw to propel it and make the larger more dense shapes. I flicked the straws to create the smaller shapes.
More added.
This is how the work station looked.
Once I was satisfied with the coverage of the Unicorn Spit, I sprinkled a pinch of every colour of Mica powered that I had and left it to dry.

This is the small table I did using the same technique.
I place a coat of Polyurethane on the canvas to seal the Unicorn Spit. One dry, they were ready to hang on the wall.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

• Patti

Hi thanks for your share loved them. But could you please tell me what mica is? Thanks HAVE A HAPPY DAY.
    • Sally

Hi Patti, as Jewel mentioned there is Manufactured Mica powder. It is very fine, multi coloured and sparkels like glitter.
  • Patricia Sorrick

What is unicorn spit???
    • Gracefullikeagazelle

It's that sticky stream of saliva that unicorns douse mortals with...but only if they like you. Being sprayed with unicorn spit will allow you to create magic  Go play!

• Debra Heatherwick

Absolutely love your creation. Can't wait to try Unicorn Spit. :-)
    • Sally

Thanku Debra, have fun, it is a wonderful product.

• Itsmemic

WOW>.what I am most impressed with..is your ability to afford 10 bottles of Unicorn Spit ! Man that stuff is costly !!! I love the table top !!
    • Jewellmartin

I finally bought 10 4oz. bottles, plus a couple of 8 oz. bottles and I haven’t emptied a bottle yet. I have used half a bottle of metallic gold, but I don’t regret it at all. Unicorn SPiT is honey to me.