Asked on Oct 15, 2017

How can we get rid of molds on our ceilings especially on bathrooms?

FLEil29848977Blo17320958
+6

Answered

I tried using cleaning vinegar and bleach and still they keep on coming back?

8 answers
  • Flipturn
    on Oct 15, 2017

    No amount of cosmetic cleaning will ever get rid of the mold until it is first determined what is causing it in the first place.

    There is an over accumulation of moisture in the home, and insufficient ventillation to remove it.

    Have you had the roof checked for possible leakage into the attic?
    How old is the bathroom fan and when has it been cleaned out last?

    Do you live in a coastal area of Canada where the humidity is high, or where it rains year round?

  • Wil29234912
    on Oct 15, 2017

    Hi Betty, Have you tried Kilz paint? You can find it at Home Depot, it's awesome, especially in bathrooms with low ventilation. I've used it for years and have never had a problem with mold, give it a try!
  • Inetia
    on Oct 15, 2017

    You need to check your attic for mold too.
  • Grace Merrells
    on Oct 15, 2017

    Since mould is everywhere so when something like a bathroom provides good growing conditions it will just keep coming back. Keeping the air circulating and dry is the best deterrent to mould I know.
  • Mari
    on Oct 15, 2017

    You might try Melalueca or frankincense essential oils.
  • Blo17320958
    on Oct 15, 2017

    sptay with Clorox spray. Then spray area once a week.
  • Eil29848977
    on Oct 15, 2017

    Had mold on bathroom ceiling - this is what I did two years ago and problem solved. Caused by no ventilation, numerous hot showers with a lot of steam so my husband installed a ventilation fan. Next I sponged off existing mold with a bleach water solution. After a few days drying I rolled on Kilz paint. Final paint was bought from Lowes and made specifically for bathrooms. No mold so far.
  • FL
    on Oct 15, 2017

    Do you have a vent in the room? There is too much moisture that is not dissipating which contributes to mold. A vent would help your problem as would opening windows in the room as often as possible to circulate air and/or a dehumidifier.
Your comment...