Can you remove the lettering from conduit?

RembatbBes20705714Coralie
+5

I want to use plastic conduit to make curtain rods and other things but I don’t want to have to paint them. The gray color matches my color scheme! Is there a way to remove the writing short of sanding which will leave scratches.

• Rembatb

Possibly a magic eraser?
  • Meem Kaplan

I would try using acetone. You could try good ol' alcohol, the rubbing alcohol, that is. Since I have both inhome anyway that is what I would try. The alcohol first, then the nail polish remover. Best of luck with your project. I would love to see how it turns out!
    • Blackeyedjosie

i tried a magic eraser, nail polish remover, neither worked. Finally used goof off which only took off about 90%. They must use really good paint! Lol
  • Roxaneg

Yes you can. Try nail polish remover. It is the acetone that does the work, but it also tends to soften the conduit, so use it sparingly.

• Coralie

Try good gone , rubbing alcohol, I would be extremely cautious with acetone based products
  • Bes20705714

Try fingernail polish remover.

• Rembatb

Well I tried.