How to make Pool covers?

GenieDarlene DuncanVicky Davis
+3

How can I make a pool cover that I can use during the time of the year tha our oak tree dropped her leaves
q pool covers
  • Charly

I used a solar cover and when rolled up, it catches all the leaves. You can then clean the leaves off before you cover your pool again.
    • Mik30627074

I tried that last 2 years
      but we have to
      many

our tree puts out about 45 bags of leaves and the solar cover got real to full
  • Vicky Davis

How about a giant tarp and PVC pipes. Create a 'tent' over the pool, the tarp going way past the outside edges. You probably would have to prop it up from inside the pool, but the PVC should be safe? I would think the weight of the leaves will end up 'sinking' the tarp, so keeping the tarp up off the water would help?

Or float a bunch of air mattress's in the pool under the tarp? [I want to try this on the roof of our travel trailer, under the tarp, so there aren't low spots.]
  • Darlene Duncan

Contact Trevi.ca , they make and sell leaf nets for pools...
  • Genie

May I suggest that you trim the tree and have it thinned out a bit? You don't have to do anything radical. It is also good for the health of the tree; if the branches get too full, they may break. As for the above suggestion, you might just need to
    "empty" the solar cover somewhat frequently until all the leaves drop. If you fasten pool noodles around the edges, at least partially, it will be easier to corral the leaves.