Ebbjdl
Ebbjdl
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Manchester Township, NJ

I have rust stain on the drain in my bathroom sink,

DesertRoseBarbaraJoanne Halbert Olson
+7

Tried bleach, peroxide, vinegar, baking soda, it's still there. I also have rust stain on he porcelain sink near the overflow hole.

• Roxaneg

The problem is that the rust stain is probably now in the pigmented part of the glaze and it's embedded there. The next step is to reglaze the sink or get a new sink.
  • Pro1717163

Try Bartenders Friend, buy it at supermarket near the Comet. Or CLR works wonders. Good luck
  • Fauxgal

Try CLR. It works!
  • Juanita Franco Rocha

I rub Ivory bar soap on a wet green scrubber and then scrub the rust spots. It works! I also use it on rust spots on tile floor from metal filing cabinets. Ivory bar soap is great and has so many uses!

• Susan Whalen

There is a rust remover called "Iron Out" available at hardware stores.
  • Dolyce Wood

Whink rust remover you can buy in the hardware stores or hardware section at large markets.
  • Dolyce Wood

Use Whink rust remover. I bought mine in the hardware section of a super market.
  • Joanne Halbert Olson

Try Naval Jelly you can get in hardware store
  • Barbara

Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner
    BP
  • DesertRose

Bar Keepers Friend is the best solution I have found for rust. You can get it where you buy Comet, Ajax cleansers. It always works for me!