Something to disappear cat pee smell ?

Cm712341011BetsyCastrang17
+14

I found two kittens on the street after the earthquake in Mexcity,I decided to adopt them but they pee on the floor and the smell is strongtjey have a sandbox but they are tiny.Help !!

• Diane Migah

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked. He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior.

Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out: http://nomorecatpee15.petsandportraits.co.uk

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing this. Have a wonderful day!

• Adrianne Marcus-levine

Neutering might help.
  • Nancy Turner

Do not spay or neuter until they are old enough. Persist on trying to litter box train. Perhaps you need to decrease the size of part of one side of their litter box so they can get in. Straight vinegar has always worked for the urine smells from cats, even in carpet. Let it dry and see if it is gone, if not try again, sometimes it takes a few to get rid of the spots. When they have a clean litter box, make sure you put something with their urine on it in the litter. Once the smell is gone from the floor, they may go more readily to the box. Hope this helps!
  • Jill King

Use white vinegar to clean up...should help neutralize the smell. Also, neutering the cats will usually help too! Good luck!
  • Cm712341011

Bless you for adopting those kittens! My friends who have cats and dogs swear by a product called Nature's Miracle. It's affordable, sold in pet stores, and is very good at removing stains and odors from animal (and quite possibly human) urine and vomit.
    • Mariana Bonilla

Dear Cm79,I found thw product you mention at Petco storw;I am trying it.Thank you for the advice.
  • Dianne Nudelman

Kitties are used to doing business outside. Prepare litter box with some litter add soil and grass from outdoors. This is what they are most familiar with. Little by little remove the soil and dirt. Also, the litter alone is a texture underfoot they are not used to.
    Be patient they will catch on! As far as ridding floor of urine smell, purchase Nature's Miracle Odor Neutralizer. Vinegar and water is also a good choice... Never use ammonia or bleach....
    • Mariana Bonilla

Ms Nudelmann,I have just purchased this miracle thing you suggested;I'll start using it as soon as I'm back home.So grateful for the help.
  • Mariana Bonilla

Dear CM79,I've just bought this miracle thing youmentioned at Petco.Hope it works;thank you for the advice.
  • Castrang17

Mariana, thank you adopting the stray kittens. They appreciate you!

Spay and/or neuter your kitties as soon as the vet says it can be done. It is being done very early these days. Also, get them chipped in case they get out. They should use the litter box when they can get into it. You can use a tote, like a storage bin, cut a hole in one end about 4" wide and 6" high, at least 3 or 4 inches from the bottom. Don't cut the top edge. This way they can go in and, if you want to, you can put the lid back on. As for the smell, I use Odormute. You can get it from the pet store, on line, or I think Walmart carries it. Bless you for taking these kitties in, you are obviously a good person.
  • Cm712341011

Great, let me know if it works for you. I recently used it when my aging kitty, Elizabeth, puked on the carpet--of course, it is a light beige carpet! I had to use it a few times, maybe because I had been away on vacation when it happened, but the stains are all gone now. Hooray!