What can I make with 1 gallon wine jugs?

G-m5274252Castrang17Sharon
+2

I have several, many 1-gallon wine jugs, what kind of projects can I use them for? don't need melted glass ashtrays etc.

Thank you,

• Sharon

I would use cinnamon sticks to not cloud the cider, 1 per bottle.
  • Castrang17

More wine!! I recall seeing the wine jugs with candle drippings, just stick a candle in the top and let it drip (burn down) , then remove, add another candle of a different color and let drip, continue this with more colored candles. Romatic! OR make into hanging lights (search the net). A friend of mine glued lots of pebbles on the jug. Make terreriums of cactus sand gardens or insert dirt (pebble first for drainage) and add green plants And watch them grow. Do not over water, the terrarium creates its own climate. If you purchase a glass cutter, you can cut and make into bowls. Use the spout tops for lights. Or use as a funnel, when needed. Once you start creating, you may find endless ideas. Just do it!
  • G-m5274252

Get a bottle cutter from Michaels and remove the bottoms. Use them to cover your garden or flower starts in the spring. Keeps off nasty bugs and provides shelter from the wind.

• G-m5274252

The glass bottles don't need to be any special color. Clear allows you to see how your plant is doing. I never used green or brown so I don't know about those.