Does anyone have a pattern for a clothes pin bag? I need to make one.

2dogalDfmCarol
+10

• Dfm

do you want one with the wire in the top hem and the hook to hold it on the line?
  • Janet Panos

Hello Patricia! Here is a clothespin bag pattern that you can make yourself! Easy instructions provided at the link below:

• Patricia Mata

AAhh, Just what I was looking for, and an easy way to make the center.
      Thank you very much.
  • Sharon

They used to make them using a hanger, create a fabric bag over the hanger with the edge facing out having elastic so you can reach in a grab the pins...
  • DesertRose

The easiest way to make a clothes pin bag is buy a little toddler dress at a yard sale or used clothing sale, or use one from your past or your daughter's past clothes. Sew the bottom of the dress shut and sew the sleeves shut but leave the button part open to put your hand and clothes pins in. Hang the dress on a hanger on the clothes line and it will slide along with you as you hang clothes! It is easy, inexpensive and cute!
  • Janet Panos

So glad Hometalk could provide this for you! �
  • 27524803

One of the handy-est ones I have seen was made from a gallon milk jug... cut an opening in the side opposite the handle.. then cut a slot in the handle just large enough to slip over the clothesline.... you can make one for each line.
  • Carol

I use infant outfits. I sew closed the bottom. Then sew a metal clothes hanger inside leaving the neck open to retrieve and drop in the clothes pins. Easiest and cutest ones I know.
  • Dfm

id say cheat..go to a thrift store find the most ugly pillow pillow case you can locate. Use the top hem . Bend out a wire coat hanger to a circle shape. Then clip it, bend the 2 cut ends to hook together. Now thread the wire thru the hem and hook the wire together. The part that hangs of the closet rod keep intact For hanging on the line
  • Dfm

make a circle out of the hanger..attatch a pillow case using safety pins. Bend hook part of hanger so it hang on line. You could also sew the pillow case to the hanger.. or cut the hanger make hooks on the ends and thread thru the hem of case...hooking the wires together.
  • 2dogal

I just took a small child's pair of overalls, cut off the legs up next to the crotch, sewed shut where I cut, then hung them on a hanger.