What is the best way to clean white shirt collars

FauxgalLin15437975Big lulu
+3

spray oxiclean on the collars prior to washing
  • Lagree Wyndham

Spray and wash, also if you are using home made detergent don't. I found that when we tried home made detergent, my colors did not come clean. We switched back to commercial detergent and no problem with collars, unless I wore a tie, then spray and was took care of it.
  • Susan Mehring

Apply a stream of DAWN dishwashing liquid to the stain/collar. Use your fingernails or an old toothbrush to rub the liquid into the collar. Do this every time you launder the shirt and don't wait for the yellow stains to appear.
  • Big lulu

Buy Oxi-Clean UNCSENTED with no dyes or perfumes. The scented version is so overpowering it is sickening. Soak in a plastic bucket according to package directions.
  • Lin15437975

I use peroxide. just pour a little bit on collar and rub it in then rinse with cold water.

• Fauxgal

You can spray them down with white vinegar, use OcyClean as a paste over night, or spray with Pine Sol before laundering.