Pat
Pat
  • Duarte, CA

What's the cost to replace bathtub & replace tile in a small bathroom?

Hillela G.27524803Patti
+2

What is the cost to replace a bath tub and replace the tile in a small bathroom

• All depends on where you live and materials chosen. There are cost estimators on the internet and Home Advisor has one - but I would use those numbers as a "ballpark" estimate.
  • Bobbie

I would go to my nearest Lowes or Home Depot and just ask them for an estimate. It will vary greatly depending on the type of tub you install and the type and amount of tiles. The estimates are free anyway so why not take advantage!!
  • Patti

You would need to get three estimates from professionals or calculate the costs of the required products and supplies from your local store, according to the square footage of surface area. "Small" is relative to the room you are actually working in.

• 27524803

Depends on exactly what you want to do in the room and the cost of the tub you want, and the cost of the tile you like, and whether there is any mold or damage to the walls or floors... due too water damage etc. This you won't know until you tear out the existing tile and tub. The cost also depends on YOUR knowledge, Skill level, and your tool inventory.
    There are new "drywall" materials that are made just for wet areas like bathrooms and if you are tearing out the tile, you might want to replace the backing for something water proof and mold resistant...
    If you are not sure how to start... I would go to Home Adviser or Angie's List and get several quotes from a reputable contractor.. They will have the experience to give you advice and ideas.