I have a desk and book stand from Staples. Refinish

Jill MoormanWilliamFauxgal
+2

It's painted black from the manufacturer. Some edges were covered with paper (cheap). I would lije to refinish it. I have a can of bonding paint from Lowes. Would this be safe to use for the entire project, or would it be a mess?
  • Ken

Yes, you can use a bonding primer. What I would suggest is that if the finish is paint, you only need to sand the surface lightly to give paint something to hold on to and smooth out imperfections. Then spray with your top coat.
    • Abigail Scott

I just got paid $9k working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $14k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. Read more this site and start own your work... Good Luck... http://ow.ly/FReX30fWs6K
  • Fauxgal

You can, but it will require a LOT of sanding to make sure everything is stuck down well before you paint. Be sure to clean the sanding dust off with white rubbing alcohol.

I agree with Ken. You only need to lightly sand to remove any gloss and roughen the surface for paint. Your bonding primer will work . That is the way to do it. Then you can paint with your finish color.
  • Jill Moorman

Chalk paint is a nice option too and very easy to use.