Easy Homemade Trivets

$2

Do you need more trivets for the holidays? Do you need an easy gift and inexpensive gift idea for the holidays? This is it! Super easy, inexpensive, and make it your way.

You will need the following:

2 pieces of craft felt
Newspaper or old phone book paper
Fabric of your choice
Hot glue or sewing machine
Optional - pinking shears
Place several layers newspaper or old phone book paper on top of your first piece of craft felt.  The paper is your heat protection padding.

*An alternative would be to cut an old T-shirt or use old fabric inside so you can hand wash it.
Hot glue or sew the top piece of craft felt to the bottom piece of craft felt sealing in your newspaper/phone book paper.
Use a scissors or pinking shears to cut fabric of your choice to fit on top of your craft fabric.
Hot glue or sew your fabric onto your craft felt (the top of your trivet).
Optional - use your pinking shears to trim the edges of the felt.
Use to place your hot pots, pans, or casserole dishes on to keep your table safe.
Great project for kids to help make as well! Here it is all finished, and I love the way it turned out!
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Wilma Turcotte

Does sitting a hot pan on it cause the glue to melt and come loose? Thanks
    • Neva Dew

I'd be more concerned with synthetic fabric melting. I would suggest using only cotton or other natural fiber fabric, like wool or linen for the "pretty" part.

• Vicki

Where do you find a phone book these days?
    • Linda Premo

Any type of newsprint will work. The freebie magazines you might see at the entrance of Walmart, CVS, most grocery stores. Or fold several layers of brown craft paper.

• Linda Premo

Hi Chas, I’m sorry to ask if you already said this and I didn’t catch it. Did you leave one side open so we can remove paper to wash the cloth? I wouldn’t want to soak paper as it will get moldy over time. Although I guess you could put a wet trivet in the microwave to insure dryness. It such a cute idea and can be made to look really pretty and a great gift.

• Charlee Hunter

I would think that if you actually tried to wash this, the top fabric would probably fray, and the felt would shrink... these are so easy to make and inexpensive , I think I'd just throw it out and make a new one :)