What is the best way to clean hard water deposits from a shower head?

Rini27524803Shelly Woodin Gillum
+6

My shower head is a hand held. I have soaked it in vinegar with some success but needs more.

• Hillela G.

You can fill a small plastic bag half full with white vinegar and attach the bag over your showerhead with a rubber band. Leave the bag in place for an hour or two. Then remove the bag and scrub the showerhead with an old toothbrush or rag.
  • 27524803

I have gotten the best results with CLR... fill a plastic zip lock bag with the CLR... put it over the shower head and tie in place... leave for at least an hour then rinse... repeat if needed
  • Nancy

Soak the head in lime away toilet bowl cleaner. it cleaned off the BAAAAD water deposits from the water/ice tray on my refrigerator... just left it in the tray for like 10 minutes... it melted off.
  • 27524803

Since your shower head is hand held... just soak it in a plastic (no glass in the shower!!) bowl
    , CLR good for lots of stuff
  • Shelly Woodin Gillum

Lime Away or CLR. Just soak a bit and wipe clean!
  • 27524803

Good for lots of stuff
    • Mike

Got some. Just wondering if it can be used to clean hard water deposits on clear glass shower doors. This could be the magic elixir I am looking for!
  • Rini

vinegar and baking soda will do the trick