A Spooky Haunted Library Inspired Halloween Mantel

$25

When I think of a Haunted House I immediately think about an old mansion with a dark and dreary library covered in dust and cobwebs. For this Halloween I decided to take that vision and run with it. I decorated my mantel with a Haunted Library theme in mind using vintage books, thrift store finds and budget friendly Halloween decor found at my local craft store.
I started by gathering a few vintage hardcover books I had in the house. I love decorating with books, especially vintage ones. You can find tons of vintage books at local thrift shops.
I arranged the vintage books on the mantel and at the base of the fireplace. I added a few candles, potion bottles and eerie framed photographs to the mantel and draped everything in cobwebs.
The addition of a store bought skull really adds to the creepiness of this Halloween mantel. I placed black candles in the wall sconces.
Two large vintage encyclopedias were stacked at the base of the fireplace along with a few white pumpkins and over sized spider.
A comfy arm chair sits to the left of the fireplace. I can just picture someone sitting in the chair reading by candlelight on a stormy light! Get a closer look by visiting my website!

• Vintage books  (thrift stores)
  • Cobwebs  (craft store)
  • Candles  (craft store)

To see more: https://www.lisascreativedesigns.com/haunted-library-inspired-halloween-mantel-2/