Amber Foster
Amber Foster
  • Durant, OK

DIY Halloween Shaped Crayons

$20

I wanted to do at least one treat this year that was not candy! These Halloween shaped crayons were my solution and turned out too cute!
Start by taking all of the paper off of the crayons. This is the worst part, but the rest is fun I swear! The easiest way to do this is to slit the side of the paper with a razor blade and then peel it off.
diy halloween shaped crayons

Start by taking all of the paper off of the crayons.  The first time I did this I slit the paper on each and ever crayon with a razor blade and it took FOREVER and I hated every second of it!  Then I did some research and found that if you soak the crayons in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes they literally unwrap themselves!
diy halloween shaped crayons
Next put your tin cans in the skillet of your choice.  Make sure you have a little bit of water in the bottom of the skillet.  Not too much or the cans will float
diy halloween shaped crayons
Put your crayons into the cans and watch them melt.  This part happens rather quickly.  You may need to swirl the cans a bit to insure even melting.  Be sure to wear a pot holder when handling the cans.  They may be hot.
diy halloween shaped crayons
Next is the really fun part.  Pour your melted crayons into your molds.
diy halloween shaped crayons
I let them harden about 30 minutes, however you could pop them in the freezer for faster hardening.  After they have hardened, gently pop them out.
diy halloween shaped crayons
I then put 2-3 crayons in a sack and stapled on my cute little labels. You can find a free download of the labels I used on my website.
Amber Foster

• Amber Marie

Great idea!
  • Traci Johnson Francisco

I hate to be the one to bring this up but it might be a good idea to label that they are in fact crayons. Poor kids might think it's candy. It does kind of look like it and if you're not paying attention, I can see someone biting into it.