Deanna Mills
Deanna Mills
  • East Saint Louis, IL

How to put a shine on a laminated floor?

FlipturnDeanna MillsShoshana
+4

Maybe someone has some advice on how to put a shine on my laminated floor. I had a hard wood look, laminated floor installed 11 years ago, when I first got my two shih Tzu puppies. They are fully housebroke now, I I have this dull looking floor... How can I make it shine? Can I use regular floor wax? HELP! please.
Thank you so much in advance. I noticed on this site everyone seems like they care for each other and no questions are too dumb to ask.

• Shoshana

Pouring warm water mixed with about a cup of vinegar on the floor to clean it usually does a good job at getting that laminate floor shine.
    • Deanna Mills

Thanks, but I always use ammonia water to mop my floors, They were never shinny, even when they were installed. I'm just tired of the dull look.... Thank You for your answer.

• Flipturn

The fastest way to get answers is to start asking questions.
    It's better to have questions first than regrets later.
    Every question has an answer.
  • Flipturn

I would caution you against using wax, as it might make the laminate too slippery, effecting a safety hazzard.
    • Deanna Mills

I was thinking about that old fashion pour on floor wax like Mop and Glow. I know paste wax is great but too slippery. Thank You so much.
  • Deanna Mills

I wouldn't use paste wax, that is what you would use on real hard wood floors. Would wax like Mop and Glow work? Since I'm in my late 70's I don't want to get on my hands and kneels unless it would work. Thank you so much for your answer, you are right, a paste wax would of put me on my butt.
  • Flipturn

You're welcome.