Kim Rodman
Kim Rodman
  • Minocqua, WI

Whats the best paint to use on tiles

Patricia Ockenfels CallegariShoshana

I have some white tiles I want to paint flowers on them whats the best way to paint them there for bathroom wall

• Shoshana

I know a bunch of people who have used chalk paint for this project.
  • Since this project is for tiles in a bathroom , almost any kind of paint will eventually wash and/or wear off with moisture and cleaning. If you paint your flowers with glass paint and then fire in a regular oven
    at 300 degrees for the prescribed amount of time, the decoration will never come off. Looks like glaze that has been fired in a kiln.

I have used Pebeo brand glass paints on glass, plates, tiles, etc. with wonderful results.
    The project can be cured in an ordinary oven. It can be washed in a dishwasher or scrubbed in a kitchen or bathroom without damage to the image.

I've painted wine glasses, large serving dishes and back splash tiles that still look new after many years.

Glass/China paints are available at craft stores, art stores and Amazon