Rustic Kitchen Cabinets Get a "Country" Design With Plaster Stencils

Our customer Sue Pritchard is a 70 year old "creator" who says she can't stop crafting. She used one of our plaster stencils and mold sets to add raised pine branches and 3D molds to her kitchen cabinets. What a cute, "country" look for her kitchen.
These photos were used with permission.
Joint compound was pre-tinted green then used with the plaster stencil to create the branches.
A darker brown color wash was rubbed over the pine branches then wiped off to settle in to the recesses. This brings out further detail.
The pine cones were cast from a mold, primed and painted then attached over the pine branch design. A coat of varnish protects the design.

• Judy Adams

I have a manufactured home and short of getting new cabinet doors , I think i can remake the old ones with your idea of a relief design on them . My design will be different than yours but the same idea in practice . I am thinking a two color kitchen theme and the same colors as the doors for the design and just dry brush over them in a slight contrast paint . EXcited Thanks

• Victoria Larsen Stencils

@Judy Adams Many design styles and shapes to choose from to make your cabinets look modern, or victorian or just simply beautiful. Let me know if I can help advise.

• Barbara Parrish

I would love to do something like this to an old china cabinet...