Clay Pot Jack O' Lantern Gifts

$8

This is a fun project to give to your friends, neighbors, family or co-workers and they're real easy to make. Grab yourself a few terracotta pots and let's get to it!
clay pot jack o lantern gifts
The first thing I did was head to the store and grab a couple of terracotta pots and saucers that fit right on top of them. Here are all of the materials I used...
  • Terracotta Pots and Saucers
  • Orange Paint
  • Sticks
  • Glue
  • Raffia Ribbon
  • Jack O' Lantern Stickers
  • Tissue Paper and Candy

clay pot jack o lantern gifts
The first step is to wipe down the terracotta pots with a dry cloth to remove any dirt or debris.

Then paint the outside surface of the pots and the bottom of the saucers orange. The saucers will sit upside down on the pots, so paint the bottom side of the saucers.

Mine took three coats of paint about 30 minutes apart to become nice and glossy orange. So yours may take a few coats as well depending on the paint you get.

See my → BOO Kit here.
clay pot jack o lantern gifts
I used Krylon paint that says it's for everything including ceramics and it worked pretty well. Allow to dry completely.

The next step is attaching the wood stems. I just grabbed a branch that had fallen in the back yard and cut a two pieces a couple of inches long, at a small angle.

Attach the branches using glue. I used E6000 and allowed it to dry overnight.
clay pot jack o lantern gifts
In the meantime I grabbed my Jack O' Lantern stickers and picked out my favorite goofy looking faces.

Attach the stickers as you wish...
clay pot jack o lantern gifts
Tie some Raffia ribbon around the 'stems'....
clay pot jack o lantern gifts
Then fill them with tissue paper and candy!
clay pot jack o lantern gifts
They're ready to be gifted to your friends or neighbors!

clay pot jack o lantern gifts
Drop them on your neighbors doorstep and run! :)
clay pot jack o lantern gifts
They'll be pleasantly surprised to find sweet treats waiting for them when they get home!

• Clay pots  (Walmart)
  • Clay Saucers  (Walmart)
  • Orange Paint  (Walmart)
Andrew @ ScrappyGeek.com