Brenda M
Brenda M
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Painted White Wood Floors

The floors in this room were never refinished, and were in bad shape. I've always loved the look of painted floors, so I decided to try it in this space. It was a perfect solution and I love the casual, clean look!
painted white wood floors, flooring, painting
Brenda M

• Taffetal

These floors look great in photos. However, realistically do you have pets, children or people that actually use these painted floors daily? Do you make them take off their shoes? How do you clean them?

• Brenda M

I do have pets and kids, and this room is used a lot. I sweep with a broom for quick clean-ups, and use the bristle attachment on my sweeper when i vacuum. Maybe once a week i use a wet swiffer, and every so often i hands-and-knees scrub. Not really very different from my un-painted wood floors. :)

• Dee

Hi: what kind of paint did you use? Also, what finish(gloss, semi gloss, satin)

• Brenda M

Hi Dee. I used Sherwin Williams porch and floor enamel. (After priming with a shellac primer). I used General Finishes high traffic floor finish in satin. ( I think if you click through to my blog post there are pics of the cans - that always helps me find the products!) :)

• Ppc542429

love your white floors . we just fixed a floor with ply wood I was wondering about the seems. how would I hide them. any idea's