Asked on Oct 17, 2017

I hate my slider windows;

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA2dogalFlipturn


can anyone give suggestions as to how to change them into
windows sliding up and down?
I don*t mind using a stick to hold them up in place I just want them
to go up and down instead of side ways.

5 answers
  • Ebbjdl
    on Oct 17, 2017

    Replace with one side jalosey windows and the other side a full door. I don't know if you can get what you want, but call a window company and ask.
  • 2dogal
    on Oct 17, 2017

    You will have to replace your windows.
    • We28518635
      on Oct 19, 2017

      I don*t want to replace them the whole point is to just change the way they open; BTW they are square 5x5 feet.
  • Flipturn
    on Oct 18, 2017

    Jalouise windows. Seen frequently in areas that are hot and breezy, such as Hawaii. Also used commonly in mobile homes.
  • 2dogal
    on Oct 19, 2017

    Doesn't matter what you want. It matters what you can and cannot do with the windows. You cannot change sliders into something else without replacing them. First of all, the tracks are different..
  • Just replace the sliders with windows. Shop around, window quality is important, the biggest heat loss in winter and cooling loss in summer if not properly installed.
Your comment...