How can I make my own sauna?

David C.FlipturnKen
+3

I have a shelter right off my back porch area, and would like to make a sauna using hot rocks, that were heated in nearby fire pit. Any brainstorming ideas? I want to have a place to thaw out during the cold days of winter�🌬🌬.

• Ken

I would not be comfortable recommending that you bring rocks in to heat the sauna. Anything remaining on the rocks that is still combusting could poison the air inside of your tight new box.
  • Flipturn

Before you start anything, check first with your municipality/county office to see what the bylaws are regarding saunas and firepits. Different areas have different stipulations as far as distances, sources of water, etc.

If the project is not completed properly with correct corresponding permits, if you were ever to have a claim, your insurance might not cover you, and you could also face stiff bylaw infracture fines.
  • Flipturn

You're most welcome.
  • David C.

Building personal saunas is relatively simple if a good location is selected and the adequate materials are purchased. Although styles and sizes of saunas vary, the basic principles of sauna construction are the same. Look here https://spaprof.com/ for more information. You can found wide product range for sauna and spa with warranty 2 or 3 years, and use free sauna projects calculation and project drawings and 3D visualisation. I think this will help you.