Vee
Vee
  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA

How to get rid of smell from the kitchen towel?

27524803Colleen Thibodeau FadolloneSandra
+5

• Ken

Oh man I'd never admit that. I'm assuming that your towel is staying wet and the smell is mold. Easy one. You're not changing it often enough for your situation. If you are not hanging it up to dry you should be.

When you wash, bleach will rid the mold in a hurry. If you cannot bleach, give some distilled vinegar instead of fabric softener in the rinse water a try. No guarantees but worth a try if the stinkiness is surviving the wash cycle.
  • Nancy Turner

I use Tide Sport with Febreeze to wash clothes. I have seldom had a problem with odors staying on clothes.
  • Bamagirl63

Try vinegar and baking soda to wash them.
  • Wash with baking soda and vinegar.
  • Sandra

Rinse well with a little soap and hot water after wiping up spills. Make sure you hang it to dry after each use. I often use bleach in my sink and lay the washcloth in the bottom, then pour the bleach directly on the cloth. Let stand a few minutes and rinse well.
  • Colleen Thibodeau Fadollone

Wash it more often.

• 27524803

Soak in white vinegar and baking soda.... also check you washer and see if you have mold building up around the seals (you need to leave the door or lid open for at least a couple of hours after you are done washing for the day... to let the machine dry out.).. Try using a commercial washer cleaner like "Affresh" to freshen it up.