Barbara Hicks
Barbara Hicks
  • Louisville, KY

Engineered hardwood floor repair on a house less than 1 year old.

Barbara HicksHillela G.Big lulu
+3

Could the floors be defected?
q engineered hardwood floor repair on a house less than 1 year old

The separation could be from improper installation,moisture,etc.I would recommend calling the company if there is still a warranty on the floor installation
  • Oh my goodness! Both the builder and the floor manufacturer are on the hook for this one. Hire an attorney unless you want to try and do the battle yourself. Pull out your purchase papers and look for your warranties and start there. Good luck.
  • Ken

Hope you know who the manufacturer is because nearly all of them have long warranties on the finish.
  • Big lulu

That's really strange. Where in your house is this area? Near water?
  • Hillela G.

Oh no! I think that the installer should be held on the line for this :(
  • Barbara Hicks

No we are not near the water. The main problem is the finish coming off. We even wear bedroom slippers in the house, never our regular shoes. We keep our dog's nails cut and dremeled, his nails never touch the floors. Is anyone in the business of selling engendered hardwood floors? Our manufacturer is Shaw Floors.
    Thank you