Roy
Roy
  • Cleveland, OH

What is the best way to strip paint from a bathroom door

Janet PizaroKaren KrysowatyJohnavallance82
+2

my bathroom door paint is cracking and chipping off on the in side of the door. iwpould like to remove this eyesore.

• Ken

Citrus paint stripper. A little more work than methylene chloride strippers but much easier on you and anyone else in the house.
  • Ed Cannon

Paint striper or a whole lot of sanding. Take the door outside and use striper is my choice. If paint is cracking I think you will find many coats of paint was used and some may not have been prepaired properly. You will need to neutralize the striper as per instructions, lightly sand and vacuum afterwords. Not a hard job, but done properly it will require time.
  • Johnavallance82

Paint Stripper.........
  • Karen Krysowaty

I use citri strip that you get at Lowes and it doesn't have the horrible smell of old strippers. You can keep it on for up to 12 hours if you wanted to apply it before you left for work and clean after dinner. Just follow the directions.

Citristrip is the safest way to go. A non-toxic remover