Asked on Oct 17, 2017

Who do we call for sinking kitchen floor?

Janet PanosEbbjdlKor24924493


6 answers
  • Chubby58
    on Oct 17, 2017

    A professional contractor. Sounds like it could be a water problem or a sinking foundation.
  • Diana Deiley
    on Oct 17, 2017

    Absolutely call a professional. I'm with Chubby58 on this one. Hopefully it's not a foundation issue, but you definitely want it corrected properly. Big Mike always says "do it right the first time". :) Best of luck.
  • Michele Pappagallo
    on Oct 17, 2017

    Most likely, you will need a handy man or carpenter to determine what the problem is. Then, depending on the leak, rotting wood, will need either a carpenter or plumber to repair the issue that is causing the problem.....then a carpenter to replace the flooring.
  • Kor24924493
    on Oct 17, 2017

  • Ebbjdl
    on Oct 17, 2017

    Call a carpenter, maybe your joist needs to be secured, try Home
  • Janet Panos
    on Oct 17, 2017

    Yes, the consensus is to call a professional who knows his stuff -- someone you trust who you may have used before. I recently had a sinking screened-in back porch. It was beginning to tilt! The professional determined that when the porch was built, several 6” beams were used to hold the weight of the porch. He jacked up the porch and replaced those beams with 8” beams. The end result was awesome. He determined the cause of the issue and made it right!
Your comment...