Make Your Own Wind Chimes

I love wind chimes in the garden. Hearing the sound of them brings me back to so many wonderful times in the backyard - as an adult and as a child. I looked into making my own and found that they were surprisingly easy!
These wind chimes can be customized in so many ways - and awesomely enough - the supplies are soooo inexpensive! (Material sources can be found in the blog post)
This wind chime is a great addition to our garden - or would be a great gift!
This metal star wall art and decorative mason jar lid were bought for a song.
I wanted them to stand out, so I painted them in a happy blue. (Info on sealing the paint is at the link below)
Using waxed thread, I tied the pipes and the decorative star to the mason jar lid. The two smallest starts are used as the paddle in between the pipes.
And voila! A wind chime is born!
And voila! A wind chime is born!
I love how the colour pops against the greens and browns of the yard.
Who would you gift this to? Or would you keep it for yourself? (I'm thinking about Mother's Day - it's just around the corner!)
Tara @ Suburble

• LET4676150

Enjoy

• Joanie

Pipes are the only way to go for chimes.......metal of some sort........I love mine and i listen to them every time there is a breeze......