Nancy
Nancy
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Lagrangeville, NY

Question about painting in the kitchen...

Holly Kinchlea-BrownLisa S.Liz Toone
+5

All trim and pantry doors are white. Current cabinets are oak. I plan to paint cabinets with white chalk paint. Wondering if I need to do same treatment on trim and doors...or can they just stay white? Thanks.

• Pam

I would leave your doors and molding white
    • Nancy

Thanks to all who responded. White...it is! Will try to do some before and after pics...when I start the project!
  • Rose Broadway

I would say keep them white also for a white kitchen. You will have a beautiful kitchen in white that you can decorate with your favorite colors for the dishes, towels and decor.

keep them white
  • Liz Toone

I agree. Leave them white. Then, you can indroduce a third color for Decorations.
  • Lisa S.

Is the chalk paint going to be scrubable? You may want to go with enamel.
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown

if the trim is in good shape and the white is similar tone to the chalk paint, I wouldn't paint it
    • Nancy

thanks, all comments seem to be unanimous...I am leaving it white! Hope to take before and after pics once I get started, but it won't be for a while!