How to get better storage from trailer closet

Hillela G.Betty LeonardJohnavallance82
+2

It's not a walk in closet it has drawers underneath it it so does not work for me my home has no storage would love to get some very low budget ideas

• Christine Cajigas

Take the foors off the closet. Move the shelves according to your needs.
  • Johnavallance82

Suspend another rail from existing.
  • Betty Leonard

I have a very old mobile home...same problem! One room is very small 5 feet by 8 1/2 feet not counting the closet, it was 2 feet by 8 1/2 feet. It had 3 sliding doors and 2 drawers under each door and there was one long rod the entire length of the closet. I pulled out the doors then the bottom of the closet with the drawers which left about a foot on each end of the wall and a little above the opening. I simply divided it into 3 sections with 2x4s and some plywood to separate the 3 sections then added some cheap bi-fold doors. I put shelves in two of them and two clothing rods in the other one. So much more usable space and so much better looking!
  • Hillela G.

You can use tension rods to add shelves in places that you wouldnt otherwise be able to use